Laser Cut Screens
Laser cut screens are a unique decorative element often found within homes and businesses as part of an interior design.
Screens are made from copper or brass and can be left natural or aged in one of a number of finishes. Screens can be laser cut to any shape or size before being finished and lacquered to protect the metal.
Laser cut screens can often be seen as radiator covers, interior screens, room dividers, window shutters and as decorative elements within a space. You will see them in homes, offices, bars, restaurants, salons and anywhere you need to combine a conversation piece with practicality.
All laser cut screens are made to order and can be prepared and cut to your exact specifications. Contact one of our team to discuss your needs or request a quote here.
CUT TO SIZE
- Pricing includes delivery
- Each piece can be coated in a gloss finish lacquer that prevents aged finishes from further ageing
Bespoke laser cut screens
All laser cut screens from Halman Thompson are created by hand, to order. They begin life as a brass or copper sheet and will be laser cut to your pattern or specification.
We then prepare the metal to the finish you desire. Aged copper or brass will be artificially aged using a specialist process until it reaches the desired look.
We will then seal the screen in tough transparent lacquer to prevent further ageing and protect the patina.
- Ayrshire finish – Aged copper finish with a speckled effect offering a unique multi-layered patina
- Cambridgeshire finish – A light brushed brass finish that offers a light aesthetic with depth of character
- Cheshire finish – The inherent warmth of aged copper with a multihued patina that changes with the light
- Hertfordshire finish – Vibrant aged copper finish with a mixture of light and dark with verdigris elements
- Northumberland finish – Aged copper with swirls of verdigris to give an ever-changing appeal
- Oxfordshire finish – Subtle aged tones with deeper colours in a more laid back aesthetic
- Somerset Finish – Complex tones of aged brass with varying levels of colour and character
- Wiltshire Finish – Light aged brass finish with darker speckles throughout
Hand crafted aged metal screens
All laser cut screens are created from 2000mm x 1000mm sheets of copper or brass. We take your design and apply it to the metal and cut it with a precision laser.
We then prepare the metal to your specifications. Aged brass or copper is aged by hand until it meets your design and then ageing is stopped. The screen is then covered in a tough lacquer to prevent damage.
For multiple screens, we age all sheets at once in order to create a cohered look across all of them. There will be minor variations but that’s all part of the charm!
Natural copper and brass can be lacquered or not, depending on the intended use.
Laser cut screens can be used indoors or outdoors. Just tell us the intended use so we can prepare the metal accordingly.
Caring for your laser cut screens
Caring for your laser cut screens is easy. Just like all our aged metal products, use warm soapy water and a soft cloth to wipe down. Avoid using abrasives to preserve the lacquer.
Full care instructions are included with every screen.
Order your laser cut screens today. Contact one of our team or request a personal quotation here.
If you can dream it, we will create it.
We work with a variety of woods and metals to create bars, tables, balustrades, staircases, worktops, and much more.